Whether you're wearing hair extensions real hair for the first time or trying something new, it's important to have some tips or reminders about how to be a good caretaker of your hair extensions. Find out what you should do before, during, and after wearing your extensions so that they can last as long as possible!
What are Hair Extensions?
Hair extensions are hairpieces that are added to natural hair. They come in a variety of colors, styles, and textures and can be worn straight or curled. Hair extensions are a great way to add volume, length, and style to your hair without having to go through the trouble of getting a full head of hair done.
How to Clean the Hair Extension
If you have ever had the experience of wearing a hair extension, then you know that they can get dirty really easily. In fact, if you aren't careful, your extensions could even start to smell bad. Luckily, cleaning your hair extensions is easy and painless! Here are the steps:
1. Fill a sink with warm water and soap. Add enough soap to cover the extensions completely and swirl around until the soap is fully dissolved.
2. Gently pour the soapy water over the hair extensions, making sure to cover them completely. Using a gentle brush or your fingers, scrub the hair extensions clean using circular motions. Do not use harsh bristles or scrub too vigorously - this could damage the hair extensions.
3. Rinse the hair extensions under cool water until they are clean. Hang them to dry if possible, or place them on a towel to dry quickly.
Storing Your Hair Extensions
Hair extensions can be a great addition to your hair-care routine, but like any other type of hair product, they need to be taken care of in order to maintain their appearance and health. Here are some tips on how to store your extensions:
- Always keep your extensions in a dry place when not in use. A dry environment will help reduce the chance of damage from moisture, heat, or humidity.
- If you plan on storing your extensions for an extended period of time, it is important to follow the instructions included with the product.
- When you are ready to use your extensions, take them out of storage and condition them as needed. This will help restore their natural elasticity and prevent damage from occurring.
There is no doubt that hair extensions can add a level of glamour and sophistication to your look. With these tips, you can take good care of your hair extensions.